Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Golang workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
We are now looking for Senior Backend Engineers to join our Engineering Team based in Singapore.
- Design and build scalable REST APIs for the Carousell marketplace platform.
- Work with the Android, iOS, web, product and design teams to build innovative, robust, and easy-to-use features for our users.
- Work with infrastructure team on performance profiling and optimisation.
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high-quality code culture.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Experience in either Go, Python, Django/Flask, RESTful APIs
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS and object caches such as PostgreSQL, Memcached, Redis and knowledge of how to design, tune and optimise SQL queries and caching strategies
- Experience in building large, scalable distributed systems with good understanding of microservices architecture and associated principles
- Experience with TDD/BDD and agile methodologies
- Bonus if you have -
- Experience using RabbitMQ, Kafka and microservices-based architecture
- Knowledge and experience in building distributed, asynchronous task systems