Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
We’re looking for a senior marketing science analyst to join the Data team in Carousell who will be embedded within and partner closely with the Regional Marketing Leadership team. The Regional Marketing function strategizes and drives coordinated marketing activities across our markets and verticals to achieve key business objectives, anchored by data-backed insights. You will be working with key marketing leaders in the Carousell organization, leveraging data to inform our marketing strategy and execution - spanning performance, CRM, in-app, and offline marketing.
This is a multifaceted role which requires you to be the marketing analytics champion in the organization. You are ideally someone who has a blend of technical and business acumen - you are comfortable to get your hands dirty with data and marketing tech where needed but yet relentlessly passionate to communicate learnings and insights to the marketing leadership team for business impact.
This role will report into the Head of Analytics.
Note - This will be a full time position based in Singapore, the right to work in Singapore is required.
- Be the overall champion of marketing analytics instrumentation and insights in the organization
- Work with BI to identify, build and maintain reports or dashboards which help marketing teams measure performance and diagnose problems across channels and campaigns
- Provide training to non-technical marketing people to use self serve data tools and communicate data-driven insights independently
- Commission and deliver timely, actionable insights to the regional marketing team through data analysis and research
- Be the subject matter expert on marketing analysis techniques and frameworks to help enable smarter marketing decisions
- Provide guidance on topics such as attribution models, marketing mix optimization and LTV calculations which helps us understand the effectiveness of our marketing investment/spends
- Provide guidance on measurement and experimentation methodologies which helps marketers measure success of marketing campaigns
- Translate the learnings from our consumer or competitive insights into practical audience segmentation and targeting within our data ecosystem
- Come up with meaningful customer targeting strategies to drive maximum marketing impact for the business.
- Work with broader data team to prioritize and deploy valuable audience pools which can be fed to our marketing channels
- Establish a holistic, 360-view of our customer journey that spans across marketing touchpoints for an omni-channel marketing strategy
- Work with BI and operational marketing teams to ensure and govern tracking of marketing activities across all channels such as performance marketing, offline marketing, in-app/email/push marketing etc so that we know the marketing message exposure associated to each user
- Coordinate the technical implementations and integrations of our marketing tech tools and tracking mechanisms to ensure their alignment to business marketing needs.
- Experience working in a marketing analytics function (either in-house or an agency ecosystem) that should ideally have spanned across a myriad of marketing channels e.g. performance marketing, CRM, offline etc.
- Minimum of 4 years experience within the above scope of work is preferred
- Good understanding of marketing technology and tracking concepts
- Strong and analytical thinker, with a passion for problem solving and impact
- Strong communication skills, able to present actionable insights to a sizeable business audience
- Good knowledge of analytical and statistical techniques to analyze marketing domain problems
- Technical foundation is preferable - you should have basic SQL and/or scripting (R/Python) skills (strong competency in this area would not be a necessity but a huge bonus nonetheless)