Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo, and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities
The person in this high visibility role will be responsible for supporting Carousell’s Director of Corporate Development in Fundraising initiatives, and identify, evaluate and execute a wide range of Merger, Acquisition, and Strategic Alliance opportunities. This position plays a key, active role on a small team driving transformational transactions for Carousell. Many assignments will be highly ambiguous and require an independent, intellectually-curious individual who can frame situations through multiple lenses and within a time-sensitive context.
The person in this position will also take a leading role in Project Management Office work streams, driving inbound/outbound Due Diligence and Post-Merger Integration planning with a wide range of internal and external parties. He or She will conduct extensive research on potential verticals, investors, strategic partners and acquisition targets, and communicate findings and recommendations to executive team.
This role will report into Carousell’ s Director of Corporate Development.
Position based in Singapore.
- Take a decisive role in spearheading Carousell’s inorganic growth strategy, from initial scoping through to Due Diligence, Deal Negotiation and Completion phases;
- Assist in leading Carousell’s Project Management Office to effectively conduct Due Diligence and Post-Merger Integration work streams, through daily coordination with Advisors, Target Companies, and Cross-Functional Internal Teams ;
- Initiate Carousell’s Fundraising efforts from end-to-end, from the build-up of investors’ memoranda to in-person Presentations and Q&A follow-ups, Negotiation of key terms to Closing;
- Participate in financial conferences, Investor Days and ad-hoc Industry events to communicate the company’s strategy and build industry-wide knowledge;
- Work closely with team members and partners to drive Strategic Alliances opportunities;
- Build robust Financial Models, compelling Business Cases and in-depth Research.
- Highly motivated, high impact, self-starter, who can thrive in a high performance, results-driven environment;
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience at a Top-Tier Investment Bank (Corporate Finance / ECM division) and a sound knowledge of Digital Marketplace is a must ; prior experience within a high-growth start-up, a top-tier Private Equity / Strategy Consulting a strong plus;
- Demonstrated success working both independently and in highly collaborative environments;
- Deep experience and independent ability to prepare rigorous financial models from scratch to evaluate acquisition and merger opportunities; exceptional analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills essential;
- Excellent presentation skills essential (including Board level);
- Strong project management and communication skills to be able to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously;
- Strong commitment to integrity, professionalism and teamwork;
- Excellent Academic Credentials