Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
Here at Carousell, our data & engineering teams work on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work with data generated by millions of buyers and sellers & converting them into actionable insights, for both our users and team. You will have the autonomy to lead and explore data science projects to solve key business problems, by working together with a core team of passionate data analysts, scientists and engineers.
We’re looking for a data analyst intern to join the Data team in Carousell and work with our team on a surfeit of data related projects in Carousell which may include but are not limited to ETL (Extract, Transform or Load), A/B testing, and generating product & business insights with creative data analysis.
Note - This will be a 6 months internship programme based in Singapore starting from May 2019, the right to work in Singapore is required.
- You will be attached to one of the sub-functions in the Data Team (e.g. Business Intelligence or Product Analytics), and will own at least 1 major area of responsibility throughout your 6 months of internships. There will also be the ability to rotate between different areas of learning should the opportunity arise.
- The scope of data projects or tasks you may be involved include but are not limited to:
- Data ETL automation generate operational reports
- AB testing and experiment design for our product delivery teams
- Participate in creative data analysis or products (either descriptive or predictive)
- Communication and presentation of key insights to business or product stakeholders to aid decision making
- Good SQL and Python knowledge is preferred - should be able to confidently query data from a data warehouse, call APIs etc
- Good stats knowledge is preferred - understanding of basic statistical concepts like P-value or T-tests will help aid robust data analysis
- Sensitive to data integrity and the importance of clean data to robust analysis
- Good communication skills to understand business requirements and interface with business stakeholders where needed