Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
As part of our expansion plan, Carousell Malaysia is looking for a passionate and experienced Country Marketing Manager to lead the development and implementation of marketing campaigns that are consistent with the overall business strategy. This individual will collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive brand awareness, user acquisition, activation and retention via various marketing efforts.
This is a full-time role based in Malaysia and will report directly to the Country Head of Malaysia.
- Develop the marketing plan to support Country Head to reach business goals
- Own the marketing budget for the country
- Oversee the marketing calendar and activities for the country
- Ensures that marketing execution across all channels is on-brand and applies organisation best practice
- Responsible for coordinating across marketing members in-country to drive integrated marketing outcomes
- Accountability for brand metrics (when defined) Responsible for preparing post-campaign reports
- 3-5 years of solid consumer marketing experience, out of which, 1-2 years in leading teams.
- Experience running integrated marketing campaigns with both traditional and digital media in Malaysia. Plus you understand the Malaysian consumers well.
- Solid marketing, digital, CRM knowledge and experience.
- Able to make quick decisions in an ever-changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- You enjoy developing people and teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely
- You have proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to dive into details and execute.
- Experience working in startup-like environments. Marketplace, ecommerce industry experience is a plus.