Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
As part of our expansion plan, Carousell Malaysia is looking for an ambitious and passionate B2B Category Manager who will be a key driver to ensure the success of the paid advertising services we offer to sellers in Malaysia. This candidate’s key focus will be on driving revenue growth and user adoption, especially in the SMB / SME segments.
This is a full-time role based in Malaysia.You Will:
- Identify channels to acquire and scale SMB merchants
- Promote Carousell’s paid advertising services, and recommend pricing and promotion strategies to target customers/
- Analyze different seller groups in the marketplace through internal data, user research, competitor studies and customer support inquiries
- Monitor Carousell’s competitive positioning for business sellers across all categories and adjust business plans accordingly
- Execute sales plans to grow self-serve coin subscriptions and preferred merchants programs.
- Launch curriculum and grow Carousell Certified Pro program
- Conduct training workshops and work with local Marketing Team to organize events for sellers
- To conduct quarterly merchants interviews to understand their needs and user experience and relay to internal product and seller services teams
- Build annual plans through managing relationships and fostering trust with cross-functional partners and having strong understanding of customer, product and channel development and opportunities for innovation
- At least a diploma in business administration, marketing or related field
- At least 4 years of experience in media sales or B2B small business management
- Solid knowledge of user engagement, marketing and sales principles
- Proven track records and success in achieving Sales Targets
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills to communicate across all levels
- Resourceful, driven and a team player
- Good to be a Carousell user
- Experience working in a startup environment or in eCommerce is a plus.