Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds marketplace. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 144 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
As part of our expansion plan, Carousell Malaysia is looking for an experienced Media Sales and Partnership Manager to support brands and agencies that advertise with Carousell. This individual will drive media sales and manage advertiser accounts to ensure they are successfully using Carousell’s ad products and high-intent audience segments to achieve their business objectives..
This is a full-time role based in Malaysia.
- Responsible for the media sales targets in Malaysia
- Sniffing out and contacting the advertising decision-makers in our target organisations
- Pitching and executing creative campaigns that will work on Carousell Malaysia
- Maximising sales and meet quotas in the short and long term
- Keeping track of every media purchase to make sure everything is accurate and running on schedule
- Networking with potential and existing clients in industry events, exhibitions, and conference
- Cold-calling, meeting and doing whatever it takes to pitch ideas to potential clients
- Coordinating with cross-functional partners like the Digital Marketing, Design, Community and Communications teams to create the best campaigns for our business partners
- Sales veteran with at least 5 years of media sales experience in Malaysia, ideally in startup-like environments.
- Marketplace, e-commerce or fashion industry experience is a plus
- Experienced in running large-scale digital campaigns
- You are target-focused and hungry for success
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely
- Experience with the DFP platform is a plus
- You have a proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to get into details and execute work as needed (e.g. write the brief, execute campaigns down to tiniest details)
- Independent in nature, able to dive in and start selling with minimal guidance