Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
We are now looking for Full Stack Engineers to join our Engineering Team based in India.
- Design and build scalable APIs for the Carousell marketplace platform.
- Build new and key features for the Carousell web platform by working closely with the product and design teams.
- Work with the Android, iOS, web, product and design teams to build innovative, robust, and easy-to-use features for our users.
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests.
- Work with infrastructure team on deploying, scaling and performance optimization.
- Build revenue impacting products including advertisements and visibility.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience.
- Experience with a backend web framework such as Node.js / React or other similar stacks e.g. Ruby on Rails.
- Familiarity with using a RDBMS like PostgreSQL (preferred) or MySQL, and object caches like Redis.
- Experience with TDD/BDD and agile methodologies or be willing to learn.
- Eager and passionate to grow and learn with a strong collaborative mindset.
Nice to have:
- Some experience using Elasticsearch or Kafka/RabbitMQ would be welcome
- Experience with online advertisement technology