Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
- Design and build scalable REST APIs for the Carousell marketplace platform.
- Work with the Android, iOS, web, product and design teams to build innovative, robust, and easy-to-use features for our users.
- Work with infrastructure team on performance profiling and optimisation.
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience.
- Experience with a backend web framework such as Python, Django/Flask (preferred) or other similar stacks e.g. Ruby on Rails.
- Familiarity with using a RDBMS like PostgreSQL (preferred) or MySQL, and object caches like Memcached and/or Redis.
- Experience with TDD/BDD and agile methodologies or be willing to learn.
- Eager and passionate to grow and learn with a strong collaborative mindset.
Nice to have:
- Some experience using Elasticsearch and/or RabbitMQ would be welcome