Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Kotlin workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
We are now looking for Senior Android Engineers to join our Engineering Team based in Singapore.
- Work closely with the product managers and designers to build new and key features for Carousell on Android that power the growth and success of buyers and sellers
- Analyze and optimize performance and reliability of the Android app by working closely with your Android teammates.
- Be able to advise the product team on Android UI/UX best practices.
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience
- Experience with Java and/or Kotlin
- Familiarity with developing Android applications using Android SDK
- Have worked on at least one or more Android apps
- Have a good understanding of the Android SDK and best practices