Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 100 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Financial Accountant who will be responsible for running the revenue accounting and financial activities at Carousell. This position requires a self-starter; an individual who can dive into the details while not losing sight of the big picture. The candidate should embrace change and welcome challenges. This position will provide a strong foundation on which to build a career and grow professionally with the company. The Revenue Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and frequently interact with Clients, Business Managers, as well as internal and external auditors.
- Preparing monthly client settlements and invoices
- Processing daily/weekly client remittances and refunds
- Creating revenue journal entries
- Account reconciliations
- Work directly with Clients and Client Success on regular basis
- Work directly with Business Managers on understanding revenue streams and keeping up-to-date with the regular changes to revenues
- Assisting with ad hoc reporting and client requests as needed
- Note: This position may require additional hours during month end close
- 3+ years of Accounting/Finance experience
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups and other advanced functions.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills. Able to put complex analyses in a simple manner
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to solve problems quickly via 80:20 approximations where appropriate
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and clients
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field of study
- Experience in data visualization and using reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau is a plus