Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
We are now looking for Senior iOS Engineers to join our Engineering Team based in Singapore.
- Build new and key features for Carousell on iOS that power the growth and success of buyers and sellers by working closely with the product and design teams
- Analyze and optimize performance and reliability of the iOS app by working closely with your iOS teammates
- Focus on iOS design principles and making the app works intuitively
- Take full ownership of projects from design (collaborate with the design team) to implementation and deployment
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high-quality code culture
- Experience with iOS application development (Objective-C and/or Swift)
- Proven ability to ship beautiful, stable and high-performance iOS applications from start to finish
- Experience with automated testing framework
- Strong Computer Science background with good understanding of iOS framework and best practices
- Built, shipped and maintained at least one or two iOS applications for a period of 2-5 years