Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 144 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
As a young and expanding organisation, we are looking to hire a Compensation & Benefits Specialist to support our rapidly expanding and global offices. Caring Deeply and Problem Solving is ingrained in Carousell culture and this role embodies that to the core. This role is integral to supporting our employees and aids in fostering a proactive, mission first, high performance culture. Based in Singapore, you work directly with the Head of People Operations to ensure that compensation in all Carousell offices are compliant with local legislation as well as comparable with our peers in the industry and location.
- Ensures that all compensation policies, tools and processes are aligned with Carousell Total Rewards Strategy and Compensation Philosophy.
- Serve as a payroll specialist together with our vendor, responsible for data accuracy and timeliness of payment.
- Ensuring compensation, commission and benefits plans are cost-effective and competitive and effective in attracting, retaining and motivating employees
- Comparing compensation plans, job classifications, and salaries through data and cost analyses
- Handle all IRAS clearance for employee separations
- Manage administration on employee benefits such as insurance and medical claims, leave of absence tracking and data collection
- Participates in continuous improvement projects, systems improvements and initiatives; supports the development and maintenance of payroll process documentation.
- Responds to all inbound queries in respect to payroll, such as salary disputes and pay slip requests.
- Performs payroll accounting such as scheduling payments, recording GL items and reconciliation.
- Works with other members of the People team to deliver a consistent, meaningful and positive employee experience
- 4-6 years in compensation, benefits or payroll specialist position
- Excellent working knowledge of payroll practices and labour regulations across Asia
- Meticulous in detail and communication with a deep level of care
- Proactively organised and able to multitask and meet deadlines
- High degree of professionalism with ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Able to work well under pressure and effectively with little direction, taking the lead in situations where possible
- Working knowledge of BambooHR, Workday or SuccessFactors
- Participation in Mercer or other forms of compensation and benefits surveys to perform analysis of internal and external benchmarking data
- A natural passion to make a meaningful impact on the lives of people around you