Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
Carousell’s product team leads this exciting mission by redefining what online classifieds can be—smart, convenient and community-focused. We constantly look at data and talk to our users to understand what they’re doing, thinking and feeling along their user journey and empathise with their needs. This user-centric approach guides us in crafting the best user experiences.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us in our mission. Someone who cares about the aesthetics but also goes beyond the aesthetics to create the right product for people. This means getting the design right and getting the right design—equally important for us.
- Prototype and iterate concepts to learn what user needs—to get the right design
- Conduct user testing to ensure ease of use—to get the design right
- Create low and high fidelity user interfaces and experiences
- Design user interfaces across our iOS, Android and Web apps
- Work closely with engineers to support implementation
- Keep yourself updated on the latest design patterns
- Portfolio showcasing projects in visual and user experience design
- Experience in designing for iOS, Android and/or Web apps
- Familiarity with guidelines and standards on iOS, Android and/or Web apps
- Familiarity with Sketch, Adobe Illustrator or similar tools
- Familiarity with Marvel, Origami, Framer, Proto.io, or similar tools
- Curiosity, having a keen interest in people and their needs
- Passion, for building usable and beautiful user experiences
- Attention to design details
- Communication skills to explain your design process and rationale
- Experience with user research
- A Carousell account—because immersion is a great way to gain empathy!