Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
We are responsible for the User Experience, which is so much more than the app itself. It begins with you hearing about a great experience your friend had at Carousell, and ends with you becoming a passionate advocate of Carousell. Constantly re-inventing and improving this cycle is an everyday job for everyone in the team.
We are now looking for Product Managers to join our Product team based in Singapore.
- Owning part of User Journey Area and KPIs associated with it
- Developing and maintaining Area long-term vision and strategy to achieve it
- Combining usage data, market and user research, and industry best practises to understand the Area and identify user problems and breakthrough opportunities
- Transforming user problems into validated solutions leveraging all possible consumer touch points, such as our Mobile apps and Website, Email and Push Notifications, Customer Experience and Marketplace Operations, and other possible means
- Prioritising and leading the delivery of validated solutions while working with peer Product Engineering Scrum team and other important parts of the company
- Measuring the results of changes introduced, deciding and communicating on success or failure, identifying key learnings and integrating them in overall understanding of the owned Area
- 2+ years of experience in any of these fields: Product Management, Product Design, User Research and/or Product Engineering
- Leadership skills – you are able to come up with a vision and execute it while leading people who you usually have no authority over
- Analytical skills to understand Usage Data – you are able to ask the right questions and use tools available to answer at least some of them
- Understanding of User Research role and process – knowing what it can do and what it can’t and being able to facilitate the elements of the process when needed
- Obsession in learning how things work – we don’t expect you to be an engineer, but we love the super-users
- Passion for the industry of consumer internet products – you are a go-to person in figuring out why all the teens are using this and that
- Familiarity with Agile development process and Rapid product development techniques, such as Design sprints, Story mapping and others