Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 144 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
Carousell is looking for an experienced sales leader to build a portfolio of small and medium business partners. This leader has a laser focus to: connect with as many prospects as possible, understand their needs, explore whether we are the right fit and determine how our products can help their elevate and improve their business operations.
This individual will take ownership of the sales funnel, by prospecting a target number of calls each day, driving revenue growth and closing new advertising partners from existing and cold leads. This is a 3-month contract role based out of Singapore headquarters, with opportunity to convert into a full-time role pending performance and portfolio growth. This role will report to the SMB Manager.
- Initiate new calls to generate interest and secure appointments with prospective and existing customers by following a script
- Support account managers by securing face to face appointments
- Accurately log calls and update database with prospect information
- Able to ask clients for their requirements, present Carousell offerings, and close on the phone as appropriate
- Handle grievances to preserve the company’s branding reputation
- Show determination to win clients over
- Adequate sales and product training will be provided
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Not afraid of rejections
- Not afraid to make bold asks
- Cool-tempered and able to handle rejection
- Relentless organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Preferably have experience and acumen in digital marketing
- Previous telesales experience will be an advantage
- Excellent proficiency in English, fluent Chinese speakers a bonus
- Full-Time Position (5 days work week, 10AM - 6PM)
- Quantitative/analytical experience
- Project management experience, including multitasking to run, lead or execute multiple time-sensitive projects in parallel