The Marketplace Operations team is the eyes and ears of the company. We assist users with their enquiries or when in doubt as well as educate our users with our guidelines and best practices towards successful transactions.
With increasing number of users buying and selling on Carousell, it is important to build trust and confidence in our community through quality content and interactions. You will be responsible for delivering a marketplace that promotes successful transaction through moderation efforts, that includes both manual and automation approach.
You will leverage on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning to increase efficiency and effectiveness in driving a high quality marketplace where our users find joy in searching and browsing the content available.
You will be working closely with Trust & Automation Product Team to build and improve our models through analysing patterns and trends, as well as gathering feedback from external and internal source.
We are looking for someone who loves challenges and seeks for perfection to deliver the best experience to our users while ensuring Carousell marketplace abides by the local laws. He/she will also be working closely with local authorities as well as market specialists to meet the needs of each market
This role will report to the Shared Services Manager under the Marketplace Operations team.
- Manage the operations in the marketplace to assure the quality of content that leads to positive experience and successful transactions. This includes to:
- Develop and refine manual moderation and automated systems and processes to efficiently and effectively address content of poor quality or violates our policies and guidelines
- Train and manage a moderation team to be knowledgeable of the workflows and efficient in their role to successfully deliver against target
- Coordinate Carousell's marketplace policies, community guidelines and where applicable, Terms of Service, by working:
- internally with the business, tech and legal teams to set and drive awareness of marketplace policies and guidelines, to deliver a positive experience for users
- externally, in building relations with brand owners and regulatory agencies to understand and respect legal requirements
- Drive marketplace analysis, by working together with e.g. Data or Business Operations teams to:
- identify trends both on Carousell and in the market and actively solve for issues related to the quality of content
- create and analyse reports on the marketplace and effectively present the information to the relevant stakeholders
- 2-3 years of work experience in Operations or similar role
- Experience in managing moderation operations and quality issues
- Fluent in written and spoken English (a good command in Chinese would be an advantage)
- Ability to design and create systems and processes
- Excellent communication skills and strong writing ability
- Data-driven and passionate about solving problems through data
- Familiarity with data frameworks and tools (SQL, R or Excel)
- Inquisitive nature to discover and investigate trends or anomalies within the information presented
- Detail oriented and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Able to visualize and communicate findings and insights in a coherent and logical manner
- Collaborative; skilled working with cross-functional peers/teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Able to guide conversations effectively.
- Time Management; Concentrates his/her efforts on priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and remain cool under pressure, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities
- A love for tech and a fast paced environment
- A natural passion to make a meaningful impact on the lives of people around you