Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 144 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Financial Accountant who will be responsible for running the accounting and financial activities at Carousell. She/He will analyse the economic stability of the company and provide financial information to other departments, enabling business owner to make critical decisions. She/he will be in charge of the costs, productivity, margins and expenditures.
- This position based in Singapore
- Prepare financial statements, budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis
- Ensure timely, accurate month-end closing and financial reporting to Management
- Review and monitor Cash Flows
- Liaise with external and internal auditors
- Oversee the financial management and reporting activities of the company
- Business Partnering - Support management team in decision making by offering insights and financial advice
- Support operations to drive business of the company
- Develop and refine financial procedures, systems and processes to ensure a proper system of corporate governance, internal controls and risk management
- Identify gaps and suggest improvements in internal controls
- Qualified accountant with ACCA/CPA/Degree in Accounting and Finance
- Well-versed experience in accounting and financing sector.
- A high level of rigour, energy, discipline and pro-active ability to operate independently and in team
- Attention to detail and deadline-oriented
- Be result-driven with a strong commitment to deliver within timelines, and able to learn and adapt quickly to different interlocutors, contexts and teams
- Experience in Netsuite would be an added advantage