Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
- Work with business stakeholders and Project Managers to Identify, propose, prioritize and implement test plans and test automations.
- Be hands-on in planning and running necessary tests, identifying and triaging issues and driving issues to resolution, and communicating product QA status to everyone.
- Help make sure that every release we make happens in a timely manner with a high level of quality.
- Create and support QA pipelines in our CI, build monitors and test reporting.
- You should be comfortable working closely with product managers and developers in an agile environment.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience
- At least 1-2 years experience in an SDET/QA Engineer role
- Experience in automated testing of Web & Mobile (iOS and Android) platforms.
- Strong programming skills in at least one common language such as Python or Java.
- Strong skills in any of the mobile automation tools like Appium/Calabash/Robotium/Espresso etc.
- Familiar with or have experience with testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver, JUnit/ TestNG, Ant/Maven/Gradle
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment systems such as Travis CI or Jenkins
- Experience using and integrating with standard development tools in your QA workflow such as Git or SVN and Bug tracking tools such as Pivotal Tracker or JIRA.
Nice to haves:
- Experience doing automated REST API testing.
- Performance testing using tools like Gatling or JMeter.