Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience.
Here at Carousell, our data & engineering teams work on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work with data generated by millions of buyers and sellers & converting them into actionable insights, for both our users and team. You will have the autonomy to lead and explore data science projects to solve key business problems, by working together with a core team of passionate data analysts, scientists and engineers.
You are ideally someone who has a blend of technical data skills and business acumen - you are comfortable to get your hands dirty with data but also self-directed enough to transform data into learnings and insights which will enable smarter product and business decisions.
- Initiate self-directed, in-depth analyses to uncover marketplace or user insights and communicate the learnings accordingly
- Setting up dashboards and visualizations for key metrics
- Instrument robust data tracking i.e. event collection whenever a new feature is launched
- Conduct AB Testing when new product features are shipped to continually validate the effectiveness of product changes and learn about our users
- 1-2 years of experience working in a product data analysis role is ideal.
- Strong SQL and Python knowledge is a pre-requisite - you should be able to confidently use a query and scripting language respectively
- Good statistical knowledge - you are not intimidated by terms like P-Value, Significance and T-Tests etc. You also understand statistics not in a theoretical context but also on how it can be applied to validate experiments in a business environment.
- Highly logical and structured in your approach to problem solving - you use 80-20 principles to tackle the most important challenges which bring the most value
- Good communication skills - you are comfortable with visualizing and presenting insights to a sizeable audience where required