Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our data & engineering teams work on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work with data generated by millions of buyers and sellers & converting them into actionable insights, for both our users and team. You will have the autonomy to lead and explore data science projects to solve key business problems, by working together with a core team of passionate data analysts, scientists and engineers. Every month, we host a range of meetups and talks on different topics, ranging from product hackdays to Data meetups and events!
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
We’re looking for a product analytics lead to join the Data organization in Carousell. In this role, you will take on a leading role in shaping the product analytics practice in Carousell as we seek to build a world-class product. You will be entrusted with leading, coaching and developing a sizeable team of product data analysts, and you will be partnering with the Product Management function to leverage data and deliver a 10x user experience along with high-value business impact to Carousell.
- Lead and grow a high-performing team of product data analysts who are effective enablers and partners within their respective product delivery teams.
- Coach and develop those under your stewardship, both in terms of technical skills and career progression
- Partner with Product leadership in establishing strong product analytics processes and standards, including but not limited to areas such as event instrumentation, A/B testing and success/failure decision making.
- Partner with the other data functions (Business Intelligence, Data Science) where necessary to improve overall data practices within the broader data team
- Be a subject matter expert in the domain of experimentation within the organization. You will take ownership to develop our competency in this practice, including but not limited to topics such as statistical know-how (Bayesian, Frequentist etc), interference and variation assignments.
- Prioritize and drive in-depth, high-impact analyses alongside relevant stakeholder (e..g Product Design) to uncover user insights along the user journey and decisively communicate the learnings to inform the product roadmap
- Absolutely paramount that you are passionate and committed to people development
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience working in a product analytics role, of which 2 years consists of managing people, is ideal.
- Has experience in setting up and/or executing product analytics practices (most notably running product experiments) within an in-house team
- Ability to be technically hands on where called for - strong SQL and Python knowledge is a prerequisite.
- Excellent statistical knowledge - you understand statistics not only in a theoretical context but also on how it can be applied to validate experiments in a business environment so that we can make smarter product decisions.
- Comfortable to work with both engineering and business stakeholders on either technical or business-facing problems in service of the product and customer goals. You will need to adapt to this duality.
- Excellent product & customer intuition - you know how to work with others to blend qualitative and quantitative aspects of analytics in order to produce the best possible insight for decision-making
- Highly logical and resourceful in your approach to problem solving - you use 80-20 principles to tackle the most important challenges which bring the most value
- (Bonus) Carousell user