Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our data & engineering teams work on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work with data generated by millions of buyers and sellers & converting them into actionable insights, for both our users and team. You will have the autonomy to lead and explore data science projects to solve key business problems, by working together with a core team of passionate data analysts, scientists and engineers. Every month, we host a range of meetups and talks on different topics, ranging from product hackdays to Data meetups and events!
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
We’re looking for a product analytics manager to join the Data organization in Carousell. In this role, you will be partnering with the senior product leadership team and key business functions, to drive the analytics practice in Carousell as we seek to leverage data analytics in building a world-class product. You will be entrusted with leading, coaching and developing a team of product data analysts focused on different product areas (growth, monetization, convenience etc) whilst driving key company metrics.
- Lead and grow a high-performing team of product data analysts in a particular product area
- Provide coaching and supervision to product data analysts to strengthen their data skill sets, both in terms of technical ability and business acumen
- Be a strong partner and subject matter expert in the domain of product analytics within the organization. You are obsessed and take ownership on moving the needle on our marketplace metrics, by having a rigorous experimentation mindset and driving high impact user insight analyses to inform the product roadmap.
- Prioritize and drive high-impact projects alongside Product leadership which are highly impactful for our product roadmap. This may include projects ranging from growth (personalization, onboarding, customer profiling), monetization (ad targeting) or trust & convenience (payments, fraud management)
- Establish strong analytics processes and standards, especially in the area of A/B testing + success/failure decision making where iterating and learning quickly is a must as we continually ship new product features to market.
- Committed to people development, both technical and career-wise.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience working in a data science or analytics role in a product function, of which 2 years consists of coaching or managing people, is ideal.
- Technically literate - you should have demonstrable understanding/experience of a data query (SQL) or scripting language (e.g. Python) as part of your skillset
- Passionate about analyzing, learning and iterating on product features and enable Carousell to deliver 10x user experience
- Good statistical knowledge. When faced with a business problem or need, you understand statistics not only in a theoretical context but also on how it can be applied to validate experiments so that we can make smarter product decisions.
- Comfortable to collaborate with both engineering or business stakeholders on either technical or business-facing projects in service of the product and user goals. You should possess this duality.
- Highly logical and resourceful in your approach to problem solving - you use 80-20 principles to make prioritization decisions and attack the key problems