Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 144 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
Through this internship, you will be closely monitored and coached by veterans in the finance industry to better equip you with the proper knowledge and skills to understand and resolve challenges.
This exclusive in-house internship opportunity will help you gain an edge over your peers, not limited to finance or accounting knowledge but also the operational and passion.
Students or working adults will be able to balance school and work commitments whilst taking full advantage of our learning resources and build up your portfolio.
- This role will report into the Finance Manager
- This position based in Singapore
- Liaise with Control Performers & Process Owners and other related parties from the various departments involved in Internal Control testing
- Work closely with the stakeholders to assist on the testing of Internal Controls and to formulate and review existing work processes, policies in order to identify improvement areas
- Prepare internal control, financial compliance training materials, and management testing reports
- Assist in daily administrative matters and ad hoc tasks
- Gain exposure on Internal Control Testing Methodology: Participate in interviews, draft observations and assist with the documentation of testing work papers and the examination of evidences
- Enhance presentation and MS office skills through preparation of materials and reports
- Enhance communication and problem solving skills through various interactions
- Better understanding of the company's operation and procedures from Risk & Control's perspective
- Current undergraduate/diploma students in Finance/Accountancy
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Basic knowledge in MS Office would be advantageous
- This is a 6 months internship opportunity