Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 144 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
We’re looking for a Senior Accounting Executive who will be responsible for running the accounting and financial activities at Carousell. She/He will analyse the economic stability of the company and provide financial information to other departments, enabling them to make critical decisions. She/he will be in charge of the costs, productivity, margins and expenditures.
- This role will report into the Financial Accountant
- This position based in Singapore
- Month-end book closing; handling full set of accounts, update budget allocation/expenses, prepare bank reconciliation, prepare audit schedules and reconciliation of all balance sheets and P/L accounts etc
- AR/AP transaction processing; recording bills/invoices into the system and perform payment or chasing customer payment on timely basis.
- Staff expense claims; review, check and approve staff expense claims on timely basis
- Cash management; maintaining cash flows and prepare weekly cash balance update
- Payroll; ensure timely calculation of sales commission, staff payroll, CPF etc
- Fixed asset management; updating fixed asset additions and disposals on timely basis
- Local/overseas compliance; Quarterly GST return, assist in annual audit, ECI/annual tax return, employee annual tax return,
- System and control governance; help in design and enforcement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Assist in other ad-hoc queries to support the daily business tasks and other accounting related tasks
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting or finance industry
- Excellent academic credentials
- A well-rounded set of hard and soft skills to be able to fuse business, strategy, finance, operational and legal concepts in structuring complex, fast-paced multi-faceted deals and integration work streams
- A high level of rigour, energy, discipline and pro-active ability to operate independently and in team
- A team player
- Attention to detail and deadline-oriented
- Be result-driven with a strong commitment to deliver within timelines, and able to learn and adapt quickly to different interlocutors, contexts and teams
- Experience in e-commerce, payment and shipping a strong plus
- Experience in Netsuite would be an added advantage