Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our data & engineering teams work on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work with data generated by millions of buyers and sellers & converting them into actionable insights, for both our users and team. You will have the autonomy to lead and explore data science projects to solve key business problems, by working together with a core team of passionate data analysts, scientists and engineers. Every month, we host a range of meetups and talks on different topics, ranging from product hackdays to Data meetups and events!
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
We’re looking for a senior data analyst to join the Data team in Carousell and work with our Internal Ads Product team. The Internal Ads team goal is to deliver value to the sellers in our marketplace with our visibility products. Working closely with the Internal Ads product manager, you will be instrumental in contributing to our growth and monetization strategy.
- Partner with the product manager & delivery team in leveraging data to improve our understanding of users and develop new products
- Initiate self-directed, in-depth analyses to uncover behavioral insights in various areas (segmentation, conversion, retention, price sensitivity etc) and communicate the learnings in an actionable way
- Dashboarding, visualization and monitoring of KPIs and operational metrics for the product
- Instrument data tracking i.e. event collection whenever a new product feature is launched
- Conduct AB Testing / experiments on a regular basis to continually validate the effectiveness of product changes and learn about our users
- Help accelerate revenue growth through applied domain knowledge in ads monetization and revenue customer profiling
- 2-3 years of experience working in a product data analytics role is ideal. Exposure to monetization or growth analytics in a commerce or marketplace setting is a huge bonus.
- Strong SQL and Python knowledge is a pre-requisite - you should be able to confidently use a query and scripting language respectively
- Good statistical knowledge - you are not intimidated by terms like P-Value, Significance and T-Tests etc. You also understand statistics not in a theoretical context but also on how it can be applied to validate experiments in a business environment.
- Highly logical and structured in your approach to problem solving - you use 80-20 principles to tackle the most important challenges which bring the most value
- Good communication skills and business acumen - you are comfortable with presenting insights to a sizeable business audience where required