Carousell is driven by our mission to inspire billions to start selling successfully and consuming more consciously. Our product team leads this by defining the next generation of classifieds, using product vision and hard work to build the best place for anyone to sell online.
We are responsible for the User Experience, which is so much more than the app itself. It begins with you hearing about a great experience your friend had at Carousell, and ends with you becoming a passionate advocate of Carousell. Constantly re-inventing and improving this cycle is an everyday job for everyone in the team.
*This position will require to relocate to Singapore to work with the Product team*
- Leading a significant area of the product on Monetisation and owning a set of KPIs associated with it
- Managing a team of Product Managers and helping them to realise their vision in the subsets of your led area with multiple product delivery teams of designers, engineers and data scientists
- Developing, regularly communicating and maintaining area long-term vision and strategy to achieve it
- Combining usage data, market and user research, and industry best practises to constantly develop understanding of the area by identify user problems and breakthrough opportunities, all of this feeding into forming and maintaining long term roadmap of your area
- Organizing your team to match the needs to realise the vision with the chosen strategy and defined roadmap
- Hiring, onboarding and developing Product Management talent by establishing clear development paths and taking people through the journey to their desired career and life goals
- Partnering with VP Product in improving product management practise across the whole Product organisation
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management of consumer internet products, ideally with monetisation efforts
- 2+ years of experience directly leading Product Managers
- Proven track record of significant success in new products developed and/or existing products improved
- Experience adopting and improving on best product management practises
- Hands-on experience in using data, user research and industry awareness