Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 144 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo, and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling.
We are looking for a strategic storyteller who can bring meaningful Carousell experiences to life. In this role, the Senior Manager, Content Marketing ensures that all the business and brand narratives are in support of the content strategies and editorial decisions that he/she formulates along with the various internal stakeholders.
This role also acts as a mentor to teams in charge of creating local content for marketing and communication purposes.
Our ideal candidate keeps up with trending stories, and can spot a great opportunity to share Carousell’s point of view before anyone else. You know that great content has to resonate with consumers while building the brand, and can always find ways to make our content work harder across multiple platforms. Whether it’s lifestyle stories or sharing a point of view on the latest tech advancements, you know what people love to read, and can flex your creative muscles to develop stories that hit the spot.
As part of the global brand team, this individual will be responsible for:
- Mapping out global content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must
- Designing and implementing measurement systems that actively measure, manage, optimise and communicate the performance of the content put out across markets
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the company’s communication channels; with good understanding of segmentation and targeting persona groups with appropriate content
- Working closely with Brand and Communications teams to develop brand’s tone of voice; regularly share best practices in messaging, writing, and style with marketing, digital, content and community management teams
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/
- Gathering data and handle analytics (or work with those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals
- This individual needs to be an expert in all things related to content and channel optimisation, brand consistency, segmentation and localisation, analytics and other meaningful measurement.
- At least eight years of experience in the field of marketing communications, preferably as a Senior Content Strategist or Senior Content Marketer. Bonus: both agency and in-house experiences
- Understanding of SEO in relation to content marketing and familiar with web analytics tools (e.g: Google Analytics), social media monitoring platforms and applications (e.g: Radian6, Meltwater, Hootsuite etc)
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- Passion in pop culture, lifestyle trends and consumer technologies