Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 144 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo, and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling.
The Category Manager Autos is responsible for kick starting the growth of the car categories on Carousell in Malaysia. We have had impressive growth in the General Classifieds categories and now we are now actively growing new business verticals (i.e. Cars, Properties, Jobs and Services). We already have thousands of sellers within our community that list cars and the Car Category Manager will be responsible for increasing the number of users, items listed, traffic, transactions and revenue in this particular category.
Acquire new Carousell users in the Autos Category
- Identify market segments where there are opportunities for Carousell to grow its userbase and run targeted marketing campaigns and partnerships to build a larger user base to drive activity in the categories
- Initially run direct sales to acquire car users/listers to ramp up our presence in this new category
- Work with digital marketing & brand and communications teams to drive integrated acquisition campaigns
- With support from analytics team, identify brand funnel opportunities and set up appropriate plans to improve conversion through the funnel
Engage Carousell users to list, chat and transact within the Autos Category
- Plan and utilise owned channels (Email, App push messages, In-app pop-ups, Special collections, Marketing message, Groups, blog) to drive more listings, chats & transactions in the categories
- Run campaigns for existing users to drive growth objectives
Drive revenue growth within the Autos Category
- Increase adoption of revenue products within the category
- Increase engagement and advertising opportunities from larger user base and more engaged user base
Monitor and identify opportunities for growth
- Track and understand the market landscape, including competitors
- Take learnings from market research and user interviews and identify opportunities for growth
- At least two years of sales experiences in running direct sales to help build up this category
- Able to build, self-manage and sale a pipeline built from scratch
- Passionate about the world of online buying and selling
- Depth of understanding the car category and the 1st and 2nd hand buy/sell behavior in Malaysia
- Quick learner who can adapt to a fast-paced and often unpredictable working environment.
- Experience running partnerships and integrated marketing campaigns
- Creative and comfortable with pitching unconventional ideas to market Carousell to our target demographic
- Excellent command of English and Bahasa Malaysia. Mandarin is an added advantage.