Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 144 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
To further accelerate the business growth at Carousell Malaysia, we are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and innovative marketing manager to be based in our Kuala Lumpur office, with the primary focus on delivering sustainable hyper growth of key cities and specific user communities in Malaysia.
You will be responsible for all aspects of marketing for customer acquisition, activation, retention and referral. This role will require you to be data-driven, analytical, and comfortable switching from analysis and reporting to full-on campaign execution. The ideal candidate should have solid business skills, a passion for understanding user behavior, and a desire to build scalable, data-backed marketing campaigns. This position will report directly to the Country Head and work closely with various internal stakeholders.
- Lead and implement customer activation, onboarding, engagement and retention programs via Email, SMS, Push, In-Product and any channel our customers can be found
- Analyze and utilize various data sources to explain drivers of business performance to make tactical and strategic marketing decisions.
- Identify metrics and product touch points indicative of customer engagement and long term retention
- Design, implement, and optimize marketing campaigns whose goal is to move key business metrics.
- Translate results and raw data into clear, compelling reports for senior leadership.
- Be comfortable writing compelling marketing communications (Email, Push, SMS, etc)
- Track, monitor, and report on monthly and quarterly budgets.
- Project manage across analytics, product, legal, marketing and partners to meet fast-paced weekly schedules while ensuring quality.
- Degree in Business / Marketing / Communications related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Marketing Analytics, Growth Marketing, or CRM.
- Comfortable with both the strategy and execution of marketing campaigns.
- Experience with CRM and Email Marketing preferred, but not required.