Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we've expanded into 19 major cities with over 158 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying so we can share possibilities.
Carousell’s product team leads this exciting mission by redefining what online classifieds can be—smart, convenient and community-focused. We constantly look at data and talk to our users to understand what they’re doing, thinking and feeling along their user journey and empathise with their needs. This user-centric approach guides us in crafting the best user experiences.
We are now looking for Product Directors to join our Product team based in Singapore.
- Leading a significant area of the product and owning a set of KPIs associated with it
- Managing a team of Product Managers and helping them to realise their vision in the subsets of your led area with multiple product delivery teams of designers, engineers and data scientists
- Developing, regularly communicating and maintaining area long-term vision and strategy to achieve it
- Combining usage data, market and user research, and industry best practises to constantly develop understanding of the area by identify user problems and breakthrough opportunities, all of this feeding into forming and maintaining long term roadmap of your area
- Organizing your team to match the needs to realise the vision with the chosen strategy and defined roadmap
- Hiring, onboarding and developing Product Management talent by establishing clear development paths and taking people through the journey to their desired career and life goals
- Partnering with VP Product in improving product management practise across the whole Product organisation
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management of consumer internet products
- 2+ years of experience directly leading Product Managers
- Proven track record of significant success in new products developed and/or existing products improved
- Experience adopting and improving on best product management practises
- Hands-on experience in using data, user research and industry awareness