Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 100 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Financial Accountant who will be responsible for running the accounting and financial activities at Carousell. She/He will analyse the economic stability of the company and provide financial information to other departments, enabling them to make critical decisions. She/he will be in charge of the costs, productivity, margins and expenditures.
- Month-end book closing; handling full set of accounts, update budget allocation/expenses, prepare bank reconciliation, prepare audit schedules and reconciliation of all balance sheets and P/L accounts etc
- AR/AP transaction processing; recording bills/invoices into the system and perform payment or chasing customer payment on timely basis.
- Staff expense claims; review, check and approve staff expense claims on timely basis
- Cash management; maintaining cash flows and prepare weekly cash balance update
- Payroll; ensure timely calculation of sales commission, staff payroll, CPF etc
- Fixed asset management; updating fixed asset additions and disposals on timely basis
- Local/overseas compliance; Quarterly GST return, assist in annual audit, ECI/annual tax return, employee annual tax return,
- System and control governance; help in design and enforcement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- 2-4 years of experience working in finance sector or startup or e-commerce environment
- Exceptional skills using Excel & analytical skills
- Proved a high degree of precision and deep understanding of multiple financial reconciliations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent
- Experience in e-commerce payment and shipping transaction