Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 100 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
The Operations team is the eyes and ears of the company. Whether it may be a basic enquiry, a troubleshooting problem or a feature request, we make sure we are there for our users. We want them to be successful on Carousell with our support and being their voice to share their feedback and suggestions with internal teams so that Carousell can build an app that serves the needs of our community.
With payments to be offered on Carousell, we take on the responsibility of assuring seamless transactions on Carousell. It is also critical to mitigation against fraud and abuse risk.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated investigator who will be able to manage our payments processes and systems to ensure buyers and sellers transact safely on our platform. One needs to be extremely attentive to detail. You will work closely with third party processors to track buyer’s payments and assist in timely cash out for sellers. There will also be a need for determining and processing refunds and adjustment (if applicable).
One needs to treats our users fairly and equitably, but also makes sure claims are legitimate and reasonable. The right person must have applicable experience, preferably in claims and dispute resolution, ecommerce, fraud or risk investigations, and/or crisis management.
This role will report to the Trust and Safety Lead.
- Be an escalated point of contact to handle payments related cases
- Work directly with Operations and Shared Services team to support agents in delivery of quality and efficient service to our users
- Be able to perform service recovery
- Process/manage payments and cash out line items including charges, refunds, adjustments, misc credits and cashouts
- Communicate with third party processors and track payments/cashouts
- Perform Payments related tasks including chargebacks disputes, dispute resolution center processing
- Monitor anomalies and identify trends in online risk
- Monitor of potential account take over cases to minimise loss of wallet balance or intention for fraud/abuse activities
- Work with Trust & Safety Lead to develop and enhance internal policies and tools
- Confident and creative problem solver; able to drive progress and stay open to varied points of view
- Collaborative; skilled working with cross-functional peers/teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Able to guide conversations effectively.
- Time Management; Concentrates his/her efforts on priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and remain cool under pressure, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to recognize patterns
- Pay close attention to details
- Ability to do arithmetic and simple math
- 1-2 years of work experience in a customer service role
- Experience in managing payments processor and chargeback
- Experience in Fraud prevention and risk mitigation
- Fluent in English and one or multiple of the following languages: Traditional Chinese, Cantonese or Bahasa Malaysian