Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 144 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we want to build products that make selling as easy as taking a photo, and buying as simple as chatting to inspire every person in the world to start selling.
We’re looking for a creative storyteller who is both highly strategic and hands-on; an entrepreneurial big thinker who is also willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done.
The Senior / PR Manager APAC will have a strong understanding of corporate communications management as well as consumer and media landscape across Asia Pacific. This individual will lead, formulate, execute, and sustain the communications strategy for Carousell; making use of multiple earned and owned media channels. This professional ideally loves technology and is motivated by the desire to connect people to amazing content.
Reporting to the Brand Director, the Senior / PR Manager APAC will have experience working in multi-cultural and fast-paced environments. He or she will be a self starter but also perform well in teams. Success in this role requires close partnership with business counterparts including marketing, community, brand, design, product and business teams; translating business goals into media strategies that will protect and advance our mission.
An understanding of the intersection between PR/ Comms and Social Media within the digital landscape is key.
- Lead overall corporate communications/ public relations planning for the APAC region in partnership with agency partners and country leads in individual markets
- Work with key internal stakeholders, to understand business and marketing imperatives to align the region’s communications objectives. This will include managing external corporate communications and some internal communications across APAC
- Distill complex information and develop compelling executive content that includes keynotes, external events, presentations for targeted external audience
- Lead localization of messaging, PR programs and execution of regional communications campaigns
- Have strong press relationships and network in the region -- ability and willingness to pick up phone and work the press relationships they have - so that they can influence towards positive outcome for the company
- Inspire, guide and partner PR agency teams to deliver business and communications results
- Manage regional PR budget and effective allocation to support business goals
- 7+ years regional PR experience - mix of agency and in-house preferred
- Additionally, a successful track record in garnering positive media coverage for a business or product in a complex business setting/market
Deep understanding of corporate communication strategies from a regional and local perspective
- Entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently and autonomously
- Excellent organisational and planning skills; outstanding attention to detail
- The ability to react quickly to changing circumstances and deal with ambiguity to build creative solutions
- Proficient in Chinese or Malay to help our offices in Malaysia, Hong Kong and Taiwan on their key messages
- Positive attitude and great people management skill
- A particular interest with broad knowledge of e-commerce, consumer technology, pop culture and lifestyle trends