Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
Note - This will be a 6 months internship programme based in Singapore, the right to work in Singapore is required.
- Build new or refine existing data integration systems/ETL processes to empower data-driven operations/decisions in other functional teams such as Ads Ops, DM, Finance, Growth Marketing etc.
- Maintenance and documentation of integration work performed
- Support data automation and ETL scripting tasks to generate operational reports
The examples of existing data integration systems include: -
- Payments and Shipping (we are launching early June in Singapore!!!)
- Sales & Revenue
- Programmatic Ads
- Offline Marketing Data Ingestion
- Strong SQL and Python knowledge is a pre-requisite - should be able to confidently query data from a data warehouse, call APIs etc
- Sensitive to data integrity and the importance of clean data to robust analysis
- Highly logical and structured in your approach to problem solving - always inclined to build data pipelines which stand the test of time rather than short term solutions which are not scalable
- Good communication skills to understand business requirements and interface with business stakeholders where needed
- Strong critical thinking and ability to frame issues in a logical manner
- Possess valid student pass/work visa in Singapore for internship