Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
Note: This is a 6 months contract role
- Design and build scalable solutions to improve the efficiency of the Carousell marketplace in growth marketing and trust & automation efforts
- Work with the mobile, web, product and growth marketing teams to build innovative, robust, and easy-to-use features
- Focus on iOS/Android design principles and making the app works intuitively
- Analyze and optimize performance and reliability of the iOS/Android app
- Write clean and readable codes
- All other ad-hoc tasks required by the company
- Experience with iOS/Android application development
- Proven ability to ship beautiful, stable and high-performance iOS/Android applications from start to finish
- Experience with automated testing framework
- Strong Computer Science background with good understanding of iOS/Android framework and best practices