Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
- Responsible for the overall performance and reliability of Carousell's infrastructure and products.
- Design and implement the tools that automate building reliable and performant systems.
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
- Participate in an oncall rotation and be available for escalations.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent degrees/experience.
- 4+ years experience in backend systems and strong experience in Linux.
- Experience in building large, scalable distributed systems with good understanding of microservices architecture and associated principles.
- Experience working with Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Cassandra/Hbase and knowledge on how to tune these systems for optimal performance.
- Strong skills in networking (TCP/IP).
- Proficiency in either Python, Go or JVM based languages.
- Experience with performance benchmarking, diagnostic tools, monitoring and alerting platforms.
Good to have:
- Experience managing large clusters of instances on cloud platforms.
- Some experience with containerisation and container management tools would be super welcome!