Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 100 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Business Analyst to join the Business Operations team in Singapore. The Business Operations team drives analyses behind decisions related to growth, verticals and monetisation. We deliver meaningful and actionable business insights to various teams through quantitative analysis, market intelligence tools and industry research. You will be focusing most of your efforts on market growth, working closely with country and marketing teams to investigate and solve performance issues, evaluate and optimise marketing efficiency and develop a strategic view of our portfolio markets.
- Perform business analyses related to growth and marketing efforts (e.g. examining conversion rates, cohort performance analyses, user segmentation)
- Develop reports & dashboards to help inform country teams of marketplace performance
- Keep country teams and management updated via competitive/ industry research
- Deliver insights from market research or other ad hoc surveys
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and execute on tight deadlines in a fast-paced setting
- 2-4 years in an analytical role, preferably marketing intelligence or analytics in an e-commerce or marketplace company
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups and other advanced functions.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills. Able to put communicate complex analyses in a simple manner
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to solve problems quickly via 80:20 approximations where appropriate
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field of study
- Experience in data visualization and using reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau is a plus
- Experience in SQL is a plus