Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 80 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Growth Markets to join us and help build our business in our markets of Taiwan, Indonesia, Philippines and Australia. This role with report into the SVP of Business.
- Overall responsibility for the growth targets for four markets ( in listings, active users, transactions and market share) . As a secondary goal, there will also be some revenue targets
- Build strategies to enter new segments and categories in the markets. In particular, develop the city-level & segment-specific market playbook for Carousell. Evaluate effectiveness of activities & campaigns conducted. Ensure cross-learning across countries and coordinated playbook development with data and business ops teams
- Improve and refine the annual and quarterly plans, budgets and objectives for the countries in partnership with the local leads
- Work with cross-functional partners to design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies that will drive strong retention and build network effects, while also developing more cost effective acquisition approaches
- Coordinate with support functions as well as product & engineering teams to capture opportunities for the country
- 4-7 years of consumer marketing experience, out of which, 2-3 years in leading teams.
- Solid marketing, digital, CRM knowledge and experience
- Able to make quick decisions in an ever-changing environment and anticipate future needs
- You enjoy developing people and teams. You will be proud not of what you have accomplished, but what your team accomplished under your watch. There's a difference
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely
- You are passionate about understanding the consumer well
- You have proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to dive into details and execute
- Experience working in startup-like environments. Marketplace, ecommerce industry experience is a plus.
- Flexibility to travel (up to 50%)