IoT Customer Solutions Technician
As an IoT Customer Solutions Technician at Carnegie Technologies you will work with an entrepreneurial team within our IoT business unit to integrate, test, deploy and support new customer solutions. You will be responsible for learning new hardware and software platforms, creating new solutions for customer requirements, and deploying those solutions in an iterative way to prove out business value. We are looking for creative candidates that have either hardware or software deployment and integration experience in a maker mindset.
We are looking for smart, motivated, and skilled people who excel at creating new frontiers and want to change the world. We offer an evolving company culture and unlimited room for career growth.
At Carnegie Technologies, we enable people and businesses to do more. Our ideas and intellectual property are the foundation for our portfolio of companies, each committed to helping our customers communicate with greater reach, ease, and trust. With solutions that span satellite communications, the internet of things, fintech and mobile engagement, we empower businesses to increase efficiencies, develop new revenue streams, and stay ahead of the competition in an increasingly digital world.
Our major offerings include:
INTERNET OF THINGS - With Longview and Sensorium, we're empowering businesses to take advantage of the fast-growing world of IoT. Longview offers sensors, trackers, and other IoT solutions that allow businesses to monitor their employees, contractors, equipment, and more - no matter how remote the work zone. Sensorium, our IoT franchise opportunity, gives entrepreneurs everything they need to become trusted suppliers of our solutions, all with the backing of our expert support team.
SATELLITE - SatBridge makes it possible for anyone to connect from anywhere. Our high-speed satellite hotspot reduces the cost and bulk previously associated with remote connectivity, without compromising performance or reliability. With SatBridge, consumers, businesses, and government agencies can all stay online from even the most inaccessible locations easily and affordably. It's the ideal solution for outdoor enthusiasts, remote workers, first responders, disaster-recovery teams, and others who need to stay connected, wherever they are.
MOBILITY - Our Network Convergence Platform seamlessly transitions your customers between cellular, Wi-Fi, and other wireless networks. NCP automatically chooses the best connection for each user, and it combines the power of multiple networks to fill gaps in coverage. Plus, with NCP's edge analytics and advanced diagnostics, you can see the full picture of your network traffic and rapidly troubleshoot problems. For streaming video, voice calls, messaging, augmented reality, and more.
SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE - At Carnegie, we offer more than just software as a service - we make software that serves you well. NXTBoard provides boards with the end-to-end solutions they need to help them streamline processes and drive accountability.
The Role and Job Responsibilities
- Assist in the definition of customer solutions with management
- Stay up to date with latest technologies in IoT products
- Integrate various platform components to create new solutions across target verticals
- Work with platform partners to implement features
- Test and validate solutions to make sure they meet customer requirements
- Support customer solutions once deployed
- This is a hands-on "maker" position
- Willing to learn on the job as we iterate through potential solutions with customers
Academic and Professional Requirements
- 2-4 yrs years’ experience integrating software/hardware solutions from 3rd party platforms
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel approximately 25 percent of the time – domestic and international
- Preferred previous experience with IoT industry, specifically LPWAN, LoRa or NB-IoT
- BS in engineering/computer science preferred but not required
- Understanding of RF networks and IoT Hardware desirable
Carnegie is a rapidly growing company driven to make new and exciting technology. We offer competitive pay, great benefits and a place to grow along with our quality products. We operate in a fast-pace but casual and collaborative work environment.
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
*Relocation may be available.