Senior Antenna Design Engineer
We are hiring a senior level Satellite and IoT Antenna Design Engineer. Our ideal candidate will have:
- highly developed design engineering skills with a strong detail oriented technical background in the design and characterization of antenna systems,
- the ability to coordinate and assume ownership of multiple projects,
- proven capabilities in creating robust product designs, a passion for continuous improvement in both process and product, and a high level of energy.
This person must be versatile and will be expected to conceptualize new products from a communication system perspective, develop, and direct new product design.
This person is expected to provide a full range of RF engineering skills in the development of these products.
- A Master's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited Engineering university, coupled with at least ten years of direct antenna design and development experience, preferably in satellite communications. A PhD is preferred.
At Carnegie Technologies, we enable people and businesses to do more. Our ideas and intellectual property are the foundation for our portfolio of companies, each committed to helping our customers communicate with greater reach, ease, and trust. With solutions that span satellite communications, the internet of things, fintech and mobile engagement, we empower businesses to increase efficiencies, develop new revenue streams, and stay ahead of the competition in an increasingly digital world.
Our major offerings include:
SATELLITE - SatBridge makes it possible for anyone to connect from anywhere. Our high-speed satellite hotspot reduces the cost and bulk previously associated with remote connectivity, without compromising performance or reliability. With SatBridge, consumers, businesses, and government agencies can all stay online from even the most inaccessible locations easily and affordably. It's the ideal solution for outdoor enthusiasts, remote workers, first responders, disaster-recovery teams, and others who need to stay connected, wherever they are.
MOBILITY - Our Network Convergence Platform seamlessly transitions your customers between cellular, Wi-Fi, and other wireless networks. NCP automatically chooses the best connection for each user, and it combines the power of multiple networks to fill gaps in coverage. Plus, with NCP's edge analytics and advanced diagnostics, you can see the full picture of your network traffic and rapidly troubleshoot problems. For streaming video, voice calls, messaging, augmented reality, and more.
INTERNET OF THINGS - With Longview and Sensorium, we're empowering businesses to take advantage of the fast-growing world of IoT. Longview offers sensors, trackers, and other IoT solutions that allow businesses to monitor their employees, contractors, equipment, and more - no matter how remote the work zone. Sensorium, our IoT franchise opportunity, gives entrepreneurs everything they need to become trusted suppliers of our solutions, all with the backing of our expert support team.
SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE - At Carnegie, we offer more than just software as a service - we make software that serves you well. NXTBoard provides boards with the end-to-end solutions they need to help them streamline processes and drive accountability.
The Role and Job Responsibilities
The Senior Antenna Design Engineer reports to the RF Group Manager and performs the following tasks:
- Design new microwave waveguide feed components
- Design new satellite terminal and IoT antennas
- Design new Printed circuit phased array antennas
- Design waveguide phased array antennas
- Phased array feed networks and active beam forming microwave PCB design
- Antenna control electronics for electronically steered antennas
- Generation, review, and analysis of Specifications along with compliance assessments
- Perform Link analysis, Antenna and Control system performance evaluation
- Project Management – schedule, cost and performance objectives
- Generation of engineering BOMs, drawings, specifications, diagrams
- Testing of Antenna Systems – test procedures, data analysis and test reports
- Fabrication and evaluation of prototypes
- Vendor liaison
- Manufacturing and service technical support
- Customer technical interface – design reviews, presentations
- Be innovative and iterate rapidly and appropriately a design challenge while addressing all aspects including RF, electrical, mechanical and ability to manufacture economically
- Supervisory Responsibilities: no direct supervisory responsibilities are envisioned initially; however, the Senior Antenna Engineer must possess the demonstrated ability to collaborate, lead, motivate, and negotiate with internal teams and supplier partners
- Travel: minimal domestic and international, as required, for supporting project development and manufacturing activities
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited Engineering university
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in the design, development, and characterization of antenna products and systems
- Strong computer and analytical skills and proven proficiency in one or more of the following: HFSS, CST, FEKO, AWR, MATLAB, ORCAD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Our ideal candidate will be able to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment, learn new skills, demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving, and be self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Strong leadership skills
- Satellite antenna system design experience
- IoT antenna design
- Phased Array, patch, and helical antenna design experience
- RF and microwave design experience
- Electrical circuit design experience
- High volume product design experience
- Willing to take ownership along with risk
- Able to be a product champion
- Creative and a self-starter
- Committed to lifelong learning and self-improvement
- PhD in Electrical Engineering
Carnegie is a rapidly growing company driven to make new and exciting technology. We offer competitive pay, great benefits and a place to grow along with our quality products. We operate in a fast-pace but casual and collaborative work environment.
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
*Relocation may be available.