At Carnegie Technologies, we are a strong technical team that builds communications products for the multitude of networks available today. Whether that’s combining LTE and Wi-Fi together for better-quality VoIP calls that aren’t disrupted when you switch networks, aggregating networks together for smoother video streaming, giving your smartphone the ability to place calls over satellite from anywhere on the planet, or constructing end-to-end IoT systems that take advantage of the latest wireless protocols, we’re always looking for ways to get the best experience at the lowest operational cost.
We come from many different backgrounds and levels of expertise – but to all of us, craft and functionality are equally important. We constantly learn and hone our skills and incorporate those experiences into every line of code. We don’t ship “fast” solutions – we ship the right ones for our customers. We’re also leaders that create quiet time to solve hard problems and the space to focus on the best result.
Our software engineering team is spread across our offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Canada; Austin, Texas; and Romsey, UK. You’ll have the opportunity to work with our super talented team of people, from experts in networking, machine learning, and applications to some of the pioneers of Wi-Fi itself. You might even get your name on a patent!
Our technology stack is carefully chosen to give our developers a great development experience – you’ll spend your time building quality software, not on repetitive tasks. We’ve built tools to ensure our code is consistently formatted, to release after commit, and to automate documentation; and we rely on a shared set of engineering principles when reviewing every line of code we write. Common technologies we use are:
- Mobile apps: Java (Android), Objective-C (iOS), Ionic/Cordova (cross-platform), C++ (cross-platform)
- Servers:js (with TypeScript), Go, React (web), C++ (traffic handling), Cassandra (data), Kafka (data)
- Build & Deploy: Git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
Come join us!
Native mobile developers at Carnegie work on mobile applications that our customers use to interact with our products. From administrative interfaces visualizing complex analytics to mobile web views that allow users to monitor IoT devices and place satellite calls, you’ll be building innovative user interfaces using the latest web technologies.
- You’ll be primarily coding in Java (Android), Objective-C (iOS), and C++
- The native code within the application you will work on is wrapped into a Cordova plugin, so Cordova experience is ideal
- Past experience with web development (ideally TypeScript, using Ionic and Angular) will also be very beneficial
- Capability to code on the TypeScript side to interact with your native code on the Cordova side will improve efficiency
- Experience with SIP calling and messaging integration is ideal
- You’ll spend a good chunk of your time coding - and code-reviewing others to ensure we maintain a high standard of quality
- You’ll spend the rest of your time on architecture, design, and prototyping
- You’ll be working on our satellite communication product
- You’ll be developing on Linux or Mac, with your choice of IDE
- You’ll be working closely with our product/project management, QA, and operations teams to build the right products for our customers – products that work reliably, every time
- You’ll be pushed by your colleagues to deliver quality products in a reasonable timeframe – and trusted to seek input from then take the best action
- Experience with JNI
- Linphone SDK experience
- Experience with Firebase Cloud Messaging
- PushKit and CallKit implementation experience
- Ionic development experience
- Angular 2+ development experience
- You have a wide knowledge of computer science/software engineering – through a related degree or diploma, but we also recognize practical experience
- You are comfortable programming native applications, and have been coding – professionally or personally – for years
- You have done extensive coding in Objective-C, Java, and C++
- You have worked on hybrid mobile applications
- You have experience consuming web services from a web application
- You have serious coding skills, in multiple languages
- You understand one-way and two-way data binding, MVC, and other UI design patterns
- You want to work in a small, fast-moving team with lots of responsibility (and few roadblocks to getting things done)