Carnegie Labs is the research and development division of Carnegie Technologies. It provides the innovation pipeline and incubation of cutting-edge technology solutions and services the company brings to market. Its innovations empower mobile operators, MSOs, telco operators, and enterprises with solutions that drive revenue and enhance end user experience. We are looking for smart, motivated, and skilled people who excel at creating new frontiers and want to change the world.
The RF Systems Integration Engineer will be work directly for the Head of System Integration and will work in conjunction with the hardware, software, QA, and operational field teams and be responsible for the system integration for wireless equipment and networks. The emphasis for this position is in wireless network systems primarily based on 802.11 WiFi, and 802.14 Bluetooth/BTLE, LoRa, GPS, Satellite and additional derivative technologies.
This person will be working primarily in the Carnegie Labs environment where new technology is developed and matured into our product line. The role is very hands on starting with testing and validation of individual subscriber and wireless network elements followed by initial integration in a lab test bed environment to final integration in an engineering field trial environment. Taking products from the initial development phase, to testing and investigating intermittent failures, to deployment in the field. The ideal candidate will have a background in the development of new technologies and systems and building them from the ground up.
At Carnegie Technologies, we enable people and businesses to do more. Our ideas and intellectual property are the foundation for our portfolio of companies, each committed to helping our customers communicate with greater reach, ease, and trust. With solutions that span satellite communications, the internet of things, fintech and mobile engagement, we empower businesses to increase efficiencies, develop new revenue streams, and stay ahead of the competition in an increasingly digital world.
Our major offerings include:
SATELLITE - SatBridge makes it possible for anyone to connect from anywhere. Our high-speed satellite hotspot reduces the cost and bulk previously associated with remote connectivity, without compromising performance or reliability. With SatBridge, consumers, businesses, and government agencies can all stay online from even the most inaccessible locations easily and affordably. It's the ideal solution for outdoor enthusiasts, remote workers, first responders, disaster-recovery teams, and others who need to stay connected, wherever they are.
MOBILITY - Our Network Convergence Platform seamlessly transitions your customers between cellular, Wi-Fi, and other wireless networks. NCP automatically chooses the best connection for each user, and it combines the power of multiple networks to fill gaps in coverage. Plus, with NCP's edge analytics and advanced diagnostics, you can see the full picture of your network traffic and rapidly troubleshoot problems. For streaming video, voice calls, messaging, augmented reality, and more.
INTERNET OF THINGS - With Longview and Sensorium, we're empowering businesses to take advantage of the fast-growing world of IoT. Longview offers sensors, trackers, and other IoT solutions that allow businesses to monitor their employees, contractors, equipment, and more - no matter how remote the work zone. Sensorium, our IoT franchise opportunity, gives entrepreneurs everything they need to become trusted suppliers of our solutions, all with the backing of our expert support team.
SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE - At Carnegie, we offer more than just software as a service - we make software that serves you well. NXTBoard provides boards with the end-to-end solutions they need to help them streamline processes and drive accountability.
The Role and Job Responsibilities
- Experience with systems integration and development in RF subscriber, home gateway, and access point products as well as end point subscriber products
- Deep experience with at least one of the following RF technologies: WiFi, Bluetooth, IoT technologies such as 802.13.4 ZigBee or LoRa, or Satellite communication
- Experience testing RF devices including BER /sensitivity measurements, transmit power/spectral mask measurements, and basic antenna pattern testing
- Design and create lab test bench systems in conjunction with HW, SW, and QA teams
- Measure and debug radio protocol transactions. Capture and debug of protocol transactions as necessary
- Measurement of throughput and capacity of Radio networks and devices.
- Design and execute field trial test to validate system assumptions
- Experience with lab equipment: oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, protocol analyzers, network analyzers, etc
- Experience in lab automation and test script development
- Excellent planning, documentation, and verbal communication skills
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree electrical engineering
- 5 + yrs relevant experience
- The position requires travel approximately 15% percent of the time – for engineering and customer field trials
- Master’s degree preferred
Carnegie is a rapidly growing company driven to make new and exciting technology. We offer competitive pay, great benefits and a place to grow along with our quality products. We operate in a fast-pace but casual and collaborative work environment.
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
*Relocation may be available.