Carnegie Technologies of Austin, TX is looking to hire a Senior Product Manager for our Internet of Things (IoT) business product line.
At Carnegie Technologies, we enable people and businesses to do more. Since our founding in 2010, Carnegie has been inventing and acquiring transformative connectivity and convergence solutions to expand capabilities and enhance the way things get done. Originally based in San Antonio, we are now headquartered in Austin, and run offices and operations on four continents. We develop smart, standalone solutions for connectivity, remote connectivity, software, and media. We look to engage customers with products that drive recurring revenue.
As Senior Product Manager for Internet of Things (IoT), you will work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to drive innovation and product development in software and hardware engineering for our Internet of Things software and hardware product line. Responsibilities will include communicating with business unit leaders, project stakeholders, management, contract manufacturers, and other relevant parties involved across multiple IoT projects. This position reports to the VP of Product Management.
We are looking for smart, motivated, and skilled people who excel at creating new frontiers and want to change the world. We offer an evolving company culture and unlimited room for career growth.
Be responsible for managing a team that:
- Assists in the definition of the overall go-to-market strategy, product strategy and roadmap for Carnegie Technologies’ Internet of Things (IoT) products
- Vets out new product and business opportunities
- Quantifies market opportunities and drive market assessments and segmentation and competitor analysis
- Assists in business case parameter definition and provides revenue models based on estimates of market size, growth, and penetration
- Understands and articulates end customer's needs, uses and key requirements
- Creates and refines product software and hardware requirements documents
- Explores/drives/understands solutions in cooperation with hardware and software teams
- Leads internal teams to deliver end-to-end customer solutions including requirements gathering, design, development, training, administration, and support
- Serve as voice of the customer for product category and apply to the company's ability to meet or exceed customer satisfaction goals.
- Develop clear and robust product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market.
- Demonstrated product conception, development and successful launch experience in software
- Solid technical background with a demonstrated ability to create business cases, define products based on new key technologies, and create extended product roadmaps
- Strong analytic skills to stay ahead of Internet of Things software and hardware technology and pricing
- Excellent knowledge of MS Oﬃce, and with collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5 years product management experience in mobile applications, cloud applications, and data analytics
- 5 years product management experience in Internet of Things (IoT), M2M
- Product management experience and knowledge of control systems is a Plus
- Product management experience and knowledge of Internet of Things or M2M hardware is a Plus
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Petroleum, Systems, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science
- Travel approximately 25 percent of the time – domestic and international
- Authorization to work in the United States required
- Position Location: Austin, TX (candidates will be required to work in Austin not remotely)