Carnegie Labs is the research and development division of Carnegie Technologies. It provides the innovation pipeline and incubation of cutting-edge technology solutions and services the company brings to market. Its innovations empower mobile operators, MSOs, telco operators, and enterprises with solutions that drive revenue and enhance end user experience. We are looking for smart, motivated, and skilled people who excel at creating new frontiers and want to change the world.
The RF Systems Integration Engineer will be work directly for the Head of System Integration and will work in conjunction with the hardware, software, QA, and operational field teams and be responsible for the system integration for wireless equipment and networks. The emphasis for this position is in indoor wireless network system primarily based on 802.11 WiFi, and 802.14 Bluetooth/BTLE, LoRa, GPS, and additional derivative technologies.
This person will be working primarily in the Carnegie Labs environment where new technology is developed and matured into our product line. The role is very hands on starting with testing and validation of individual subscriber and wireless network elements followed by initial integration in a lab testbed environment to final integration in an engineering field trial environment. Taking products from the initial development phase, to testing and investigating intermittent failures, to deployment in the field. The ideal candidate will have a background in the development of new technologies and systems and building them from the ground up.
- 5+ years of systems integration and development in RF subscriber, home gateway, and access point products as well as end point subscriber products
- Deep experience with at least one of the following RF technologies: WiFi, Bluetooth, and indoor IoT technologies such as 802.13.4 ZigBee or LoRa
- Experience testing RF devices including BER /sensitivity measurements, transmit power/spectral mask measurements, and basic antenna pattern testing
- Design and create lab test bench systems in conjunction with HW, SW, and QA teams
- Measure and debug radio protocol transactions. Capture and debug of protocol transactions as necessary
- Measurement of throughput and capacity of Radio networks and devices.
- Design and execute field trial test to validate system assumptions
- Link budget and RF propagation analysis and subsequent validation test in the field
- Experience with lab equipment: oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, protocol analyzers, network analyzers, etc.
- Experience in lab automation and test script development.
- Excellent planning, documentation, and verbal communication skills
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree electrical engineering, with a master’s desired
- The position requires travel approximately 15% percent of the time – for engineering and customer field trials
- Authorization to work in the United States required