Carnegie Technologies of Austin, TX has an opening for an Embedded Software Engineer.
The Embedded Software Engineer will be an individual contributor to product development and will participate in product and technology ideation. The focus of this position is network systems such as WiFi, Bluetooth, LoRa and additional derivative technologies. These wireless systems and sensors will be connected to public or private cloud analytic and data warehousing systems that in turn provide data, notifications, and alarms to end user computers or smart phone-based applications.
The Embedded Software Engineer is expected to:
- Write and test high quality software in C or C++ for bare-metal and Linux based embedded systems.
- Participate and respond to code reviews.
- Contribute to designs, planning and documentation.
- Participate in the analysis of technology and system/product requirements during incubation and development phases.
- Support field trials of selected technology prototypes to validate system assumptions.
- Multitask between one to two large larger efforts and a series of short duration analysis tasks.
Required Skills/Aptitudes (Priority Order)
- 1 – 3 years of C / C++ based embedded / firmware development.
- Experience with issue tracking and source control systems
- Experience with Linux, tools, libraries and open source development.
- Understanding of product development process from specification to production.
- Written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills/Aptitudes/Experience (Priority Order, must have some)
- C++/OOD and Assembly (ASM)
- Home projects, study, and interest in the embedded engineering domain
- RTOS experience
- Python, Golang
- STM32 / ARM Cortex Development
- LoRa, NBIoT, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and derivative 802.11 technologies (ZigBee, etc.)
- Network protocols and exposure to cloud computing
- RF subscriber, home gateway, and access point products.
- Ability to read a schematic and use laboratory tools
- Varied software development life cycle and process experience
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Located in the greater Austin, TX area
At Carnegie Technologies, we bring together the best and the brightest to challenge the status quo and develop real, revenue-generating communications products that take advantage of the fundamental shifts in the communications technology ecosystem. Founded in 2010 following a successful 20-year history operating wireless networks and developing adjunct communications products, Carnegie Technologies is a communications company with industry experience and engineering teams on four continents We have deep expertise in app development and software for mobile devices, cellular core network operations, and more, that we now leverage to drive the development of the next generation of communications technology
Carnegie is a rapidly growing company driven to make new and exciting technology. We offer competitive pay, great benefits and a place to grow along with our quality products. We operate in a fast-pace but casual and collaborative work environment