Carnegie Technologies is looking to hire an IoT Customer Solutions Technician in our Austin, Texas office. At Carnegie Technologies, we enable people and businesses to do more. Since our founding in 2010, Carnegie has been inventing and acquiring transformative connectivity and convergence solutions to expand capabilities and enhance the way things get done. Originally based in San Antonio, we are now headquartered in Austin, and run offices and operations on four continents. We develop smart, standalone solutions for connectivity, remote connectivity, software, and media. We look to engage customers with products that drive recurring revenue.
As an IoT Customer Solutions Technician at Carnegie Technologies you will work with an entrepreneurial team within our IoT business unit to integrate, test, deploy and support new customer solutions. You will be responsible for learning new hardware and software platforms, creating new solutions for customer requirements, and deploying those solutions in an iterative way to prove out business value. We are looking for creative candidates that have either hardware or software deployment and integration experience in a maker mindset.
We are looking for smart, motivated, and skilled people who excel at creating new frontiers and want to change the world. We offer an evolving company culture and unlimited room for career growth.
- Assist in the definition of customer solutions with management
- Stay up to date with latest technologies in IoT products
- Integrate various platform components to create new solutions across target verticals
- Test and validate solutions to make sure they meet customer requirements
- Support customer solutions once deployed
- This is a hands-on "maker" position
- Willing to learn on the job as we iterate through potential solutions with customers
- 3-5 years experience integrating software/hardware solutions from 3rd party platforms
- Preferred previous experience with IoT industry, specifically LPWAN, LoRa or NB-IoT
- Light programming experience desirable
- Understanding of RF networks and IoT Hardware desirable
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Academic and Professional Requirements
- 4 year degree in engineering/computer science preferred but not required
- Travel approximately 25 percent of the time – domestic and international
- Authorization to work in the United States required
- Position Location: Austin, TX