Carnegie Labs is the research and development division of Carnegie Technologies. It provides the innovation pipeline and incubation of cutting-edge technology solutions and services the company brings to market. Its innovations empower mobile operators, MSOs, telco operators, and enterprises with solutions that drive revenue and enhance end user experience. We are looking for smart, motivated, and skilled people who excel at creating new frontiers and want to change the world.
The RF Systems Integration Engineer will be work directly for the Head of System Integration and will work in conjunction with the hardware, software, QA, and operational field teams and be responsible for the system integration for wireless equipment and networks. The emphasis for this position is in indoor wireless network system primarily based on 802.11 WiFi, and 802.14 Bluetooth/BTLE, LoRa, GPS, and additional derivative technologies.
This person will be working primarily in the Carnegie Labs environment where new technology is developed and matured into our product line. This role will derive, evolve and ensure successful execution of test & validation plans for in-house hardware projects. You will help develop/execute R&D and mass production intent type testing hardware and software for in-house hardware projects, device characterization, calibration and test. Develop and maintain test plans/procedures/equipment. Troubleshoot and root cause, document, develop tests for known failure cases, and drive issues to closure
- 5+ years of systems integration and development in RF subscriber, home gateway, and access point products as well as end point subscriber products
- Deep experience with at least one of the following RF technologies: WiFi, Bluetooth, and indoor IoT technologies such as 802.13.4 ZigBee or LoRa
- Experience testing RF devices including BER /sensitivity measurements, transmit power/spectral mask measurements, and basic antenna pattern testing
- Experience in lab and production test automation
- Strong programming skills in C, C++, Python. Labview / Test-stand experience desired
- Design and create lab test systems in conjunction with HW, SW, and QA teams
- Design and create production test systems in conjunction with manufacturing operations teams
- Measure and debug radio protocol transactions. Capture and debug of protocol transactions as necessary
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree electrical engineering, with a master’s desired
- The position requires travel approximately 15% percent of the time – for engineering and customer field trials
- Authorization to work in the United States required