Carnegie Technologies of Austin, TX is looking to hire a Vice President of Product Management
Carnegie Technologies is looking to hire a Vice President of Product Management in our Austin, Texas office. At Carnegie Technologies, we enable people and businesses to do more. Since our founding in 2010, Carnegie has been inventing and acquiring transformative connectivity and convergence solutions to expand capabilities and enhance the way things get done. Originally based in San Antonio, we are now headquartered in Austin, and run offices and operations on four continents. We develop smart, standalone solutions for connectivity, remote connectivity, software, and media. We look to engage customers with products that drive recurring revenue.
As Vice President of Product Management, you will work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to drive product development in software and hardware engineering. Carnegie Technologies makes products primarily in the IoT and Satellite areas. We build RF products in LoRa, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and in many Satellite bands. Responsibilities will include communicating with business unit leaders, project stakeholders, management, contract manufacturers, and other relevant parties involved across multiple projects. Experience in the above technologies is mandatory. Relationships with potential commercial and government customers and related industry vendors is desired. This position reports to the COO.
We are looking for smart, motivated, and skilled people who excel at creating new frontiers and want to change the world. We offer an evolving company culture and unlimited room for career growth.
Be responsible for managing a team that:
- Assists in the definition of the overall go-to-market strategy, product strategy and roadmap for all Carnegie Technologies’ products
- Vets out new product and business opportunities
- Quantifies market opportunities and drive market assessments and segmentation and competitor analysis
- Assists in business case parameter definition and provides revenue models based on estimates of market size, growth, and penetration
- Understands and articulates end customer's needs, uses and key requirements
- Creates and refines product requirements documents
- Explores/drives/understands solutions in cooperation with hardware and software teams
- Leads internal teams to deliver end-to-end customer solutions including requirements gathering, design, development, training, administration, and support
- 10 years product management experience in satellite, mobile applications, IoT, and/or wireless network technologies
- Demonstrated product conception, development and successful launch experience in software and at least 3 hardware product/product line(s)
- Management of high-performing teams and ability to work cross-functionally across teams
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple time-sensitive tasks in a demanding environment
- Solid technical background with a demonstrated ability to create business cases, define products based on new key technologies, and create extended product roadmaps
- Strong analytic skills to stay ahead of hardware components technology and pricing
- Excellent knowledge of MS Oﬃce, and with collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence & Hubspot
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Master’s Degree preferred, but at minimum a Bachelor's degree in Systems, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or Business
- Travel approximately 25 percent of the time – domestic and international
- Authorization to work in the United States required
- Position Location: Austin, TX