Carnegie Technologies is looking to hire a Senior Product Manager for IoT Hardware in our Austin, Texas office. At Carnegie Technologies, we enable people and businesses to do more. Since our founding in 2010, Carnegie has been inventing and acquiring transformative connectivity and convergence solutions to expand capabilities and enhance the way things get done. Originally based in San Antonio, we are now headquartered in Austin, and run offices and operations on four continents. We develop smart, standalone solutions for connectivity, remote connectivity, software, and media. We look to engage customers with products that drive recurring revenue. We are looking for smart, motivated, and skilled people who excel at creating new frontiers and want to change the world.
As a Product Manager for Hardware at Carnegie Technologies you will work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team within our IoT business unit (Longview IoT) to drive product development, release to manufacturing, and sustain the products as we deploy to customers. In addition, responsibilities will include communicating with project stakeholders, management, contract manufacturers, and other relevant parties involved across multiple projects. Experience in some RF/Wireless hardware technology is mandatory. Relationships with potential commercial and government customers is desired.
We are looking for smart, motivated, and skilled people who excel at creating new frontiers and want to change the world. We offer an evolving company culture and unlimited room for career growth.
- Assist in the definition of the overall go-to-market strategy, product strategy and roadmap
- Quantify market opportunities and drive market assessments and segmentation and competitor analysis
- Work with marketing to develop positioning and messaging for products and concepts in early product life cycle
- Assist in business case parameter definition and provide revenue models based on estimates of market size, growth, and penetration
- Understand and articulate end customer's needs, use cases and key requirements
- Create and refine product requirements documents
- Assist in designing end-to-end communication solutions to meet customer use cases and key requirements
- Lead internal teams to deliver end-to-end customer solutions including requirements gathering, design, development, training, administration, and support
- Assist in aligning and driving plan of record commitment dates to business required dates
- Exploring/driving/understanding solutions in cooperation with hardware and software teams
- Hardware demand planning and analysis from top level models and bottoms up sales forecasts
- Owning hardware product lifecycle
- 3-5 years hardware product experience in IoT technologies (wireless/RF such as LPWAN, LoRa, LTE, NB-IoT, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, RFID, etc)
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple time-sensitive tasks in a demanding environment
- Preferred previous experience with IoT industry, specifically LPWAN, LoRa or NB-IoT
- Solid technical background with a demonstrated ability to create business cases, define products based on new key technologies, and create extended product roadmaps
- Strong analytic skills to stay ahead of hardware components technology and pricing
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent knowledge of MS Oﬃce, and with collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Slack & Hubspot
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- TOOLS Arena or similar PLM tools desired
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Systems, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- MBA a plus
- Travel approximately 25 percent of the time – domestic and international
- Authorization to work in the United States required
- Position Location: Austin, TX