Carnegie Technologies excites, amazes, and delivers the latest analytics, messaging, and calling solutions for communications providers worldwide. Our technology includes both hardware/software for various satellite access and cellular and meshed network applications. Our innovative combining of disparate networks into a common fabric for customers drives us like no one else. We are looking for smart, motivated, and skilled people who excel at creating new frontiers and want to change the world.
The Solutions Engineer will work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to create multi-technology wireless product/solution concepts, market validation, create product documentation, and create and present training programs. In addition, responsibilities will include communicating with project stakeholders, management, customers, and other relevant parties involved across multiple projects. Experience in the above technologies is mandatory. Relationships with potential commercial and government customers is desired. This position reports to the Director of Product Management - Satellite.
The Solutions Engineer is expected to:
- Assist in the definition of the overall go-to-market strategy, product strategy and roadmap
- Understand and articulate end customer's needs, uses and key requirements
- Create and refine product user guides and installation manuals
- Create and present training programs covering hardware, services and App to domestic and international audiences of up to 20 technical or non-technicalpersonnel
- Raise issues experienced by the customer to the attention of the appropriate internal groups
- Support Sales/BD and Engineering teams via proposals, technical presentations, sales training material, white papers, lab demonstrations, and other customer engagements
- Early customer interaction to define new product concepts and improve all documentation
- Seek from customers expected future technical requirements and bring them forward to the team to assist design of new products and solutions
- Support customers in resolving potential technical issues
- Present technical briefings at trade shows and customer events.
- Recommend trials and product evaluations of satellite communication system technologies
- Coordinate after-sales activities and customer service delivery
- 5-10 years technical experience in satellite, mobile apps, media, or wireless technologies
- Preferred previous experience in satellite industry, specifically VSATs, and satellite providers
- Solid technical background with a demonstrated ability to create impactful product/solution documentation, business cases, and develop extended product roadmaps
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple time-sensitive tasks in a demanding environment
- Strong analytic skills to research new concepts and derive critical market and product segmentation
- Well spoken with experience giving technical presentations
- Ability to write accurately and concisely. Examples of previous documentation work required
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent knowledge of MS Oﬃce, and with collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence & Hubspot
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Travel approximately 30 percent of the time – domestic and international
- Authorization to work in the United States required
- Position Location: Austin, TX
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!