Sr. Management / VP Engineering
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management.
- Be an aggressive source of engineering talent and be comfortable closing candidates
- Provide engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently and to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Create the engineering group’s technical strategy and roadmap with collaboration from other Engineering and product management
- Drives change and motivate engineers
- Work with tech leads and senior engineers to gather system requirements
- Previously managed a team of 4-8 engineers with responsibility for distributed systems in production.
- Seek diverse perspectives to drive bottom-up innovation and create buy-in from all technical stakeholders inside and outside the team.
- Ensure the team fully understands the goals and objectives of the platform and how individual work fits into the big picture.
- 7+ years software engineering management experience
- Proven experience in a technical leadership role
- Experience in growing and leading a team
- Extensive knowledge of mobile development, data processing, and cloud services models
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical solution to business problems.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Understanding of building strategy from technological trends.